Friday, January 17, 2020

Our 2020 Market Predictions

Today I’m sharing a few predictions about what our 2020 real estate market will do.

Selling your home? Get a home value report here

Welcome to 2020: Today I’m going to make a few predictions about our 2020 real estate market.

Looking back quickly, we’ve noticed a continuation of a flat market that became more price point driven. Everything under around the $400,000 price point was selling at a fairly quick rate last year, and I anticipate continuing this year.

The higher in price the home is, the harder it is to sell right now. However, in each price point, homes that showed off their inherent value sold quickly. When a home is priced properly for what it is, what it has, and what it doesn’t have, you’re much more likely to sell quickly. In 2020, we’ll see a similar market to 2019, but there’s no need to worry about a recession.


The higher in price the home is, the harder it is to sell right now.


We are now in an election year, and that can affect the stock market. However, people much smarter than I am about financing and accounting believe we will hold steady in 2020 as long as the national economy stays fairly steady. We are currently low on home supply, so if you’re considering making a move, this is the time to sell. In my opinion, the higher price points are going to experience a slight increase in inventory sold because we’re short on supply. If you list your home that’s valued at over $400,000, I think you’ll sell it this year.

If you have questions about our market or anything else concerning real estate, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to speaking with you. In the meantime, have a wonderful 2020!